Make a list
- Where you’re headed
- How long your trip will be (both in travel time and total vacation time)
- How many people will be traveling together
- Whether you’ll have kids and/or pets in the car
Once you’ve written your list, you’ll want to gather your luggage. Consider these tips:
- Go for luggage that’s more or less square and stackable
- Luggage within luggage, especially toiletry cases, will keep you organized throughout your trip!
- Consider packing a separate bag or suitcase for dirty laundry
What to keep in your front seat
Sunglasses or eyeglasses
Medicine—especially for upset stomach and motion sickness, headaches, or any essential prescriptions
Your preferred method for listening to music, audiobooks, and podcasts.
(Consider bringing some of your favorite CDs just in case!
Charging outlets, portable chargers, and plenty of cables
What to keep in your trunk
- Spare tire & tire jack
- Jumper cables
- Flash light
- First Aid kit
- Coolant, extra oil
- A small toolkit (especially one with socket wrenches and an adjustable screwdriver)